Frequently Asked Questions
We've listed answers to frequently asked questions about our online payment service below. If you need more information or an answer to a question not covered here, please contact our Financial Counselors at 419-207-7878 or 800-257-9917 ext. 3962.
- Which browsers do you support?
- What information do I need in order to make an electronic payment?
- The balance due on my bill doesn't seem to be right. What should I do?
- What if my payment account does not have sufficient funds to cover a payment?
- Is it safe to pay bills online using your service? Can my personal information be seen by others?
- What kind of access do you have to my banking (financial) account?
Which browsers do you support?
Our service supports Netscape Version 6 and Internet Explorer (IE) Version 4 or higher, because these versions support "strong" encryption. (Encryption allows us to encode your information so that no one else on the Internet can read it.) There are a few exceptions listed below.
Please be aware that:
- You must be using 128 bit encryption, and it must be turned on in your browser. (See your browser's online help for more information.)
Exceptions, as noted above, include:
- Internet Explorer 4.5 for Macintosh. This browser has problems that may cause this site not to function properly. We recommend Macintosh users who wish to use IE upgrade to the most current version.
- IE Version 4 may work satisfactorily. However, 128 bit encryption (also called strong encryption) was not included in all releases of Internet Explorer Version 4. To avoid this problem, we recommend IE users upgrade to the most current version.
- Netscape Navigator and Netscape Communicator lower than Version 6. These browsers do not follow web standards for dynamic content. To avoid these problems, we recommend Netscape users upgrade to the most current version.
What information do I need in order to make an electronic payment?
All information required to make an online payment is clearly listed on the payment screens. If you attempt to make an online payment and have forgotten to complete all required fields, you will receive a reminder so that you are aware of the missing item or items.
The balance due on my bill doesn't seem to be right. What should I do?
All questions regarding your account balance should be directed to our Financial Counselors at 419-207-7878 or 800-257-9917 ext. 3962.
What if my payment account does not have sufficient funds to cover a payment?
We make withdrawals authorized by you from the financial account that you designate as the payment account. As with any payment account, you must provide sufficient funds to cover all payments. Since we have no knowledge of your account balance at any time, we cannot notify you if your payment account has insufficient funds. There may be additional charges for payments attempted against accounts with insufficient funds.
Is it safe to pay bills online using your service?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. Whenever you are paying bills, you are using a secure connection that fully protects your information. Data you provide cannot be viewed by anyone else on the Web. We do not share your information with anyone else.
Security is maintained by industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption and decryption technology. The SSL protocol is used to ensure that your information is sent directly to us, and that only we can decode it. Please take notice of our security certificate listed on our online payment site.
While you are using our service, we need to store some information on your computer's hard drive in the form of a cookie. (A cookie is a small file that a Web site puts on your hard drive so that it can retain information for later use.) For this reason, the cookie functionality must be enabled in your browser in order to use the digital billing system. However, the cookie will never read information from your hard drive or copy information about other sites that you visit.
What kind of access do you have to my banking (financial) account?
We only have access to your account to make payments that you have authorized. We never access your payment account(s) without your authorization and, as noted above, we never have information about your account balance.